125cc
125cc
City: Melbourne
Year: 2017
Colour: White

Replacement handlebars

Post by Mike690 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi guys

Im hoping someone can tell me the angle of the bend of the stock handlebars. I’ve removed the stock bars from my 2017 SD and replaced them with a set of Rizoma drag bars.

I am well over 6” tall and find the stock bars have a bit too much sweep and make long rides painfull on the wrists. The drag bars are OK as far as overall width, but they are a little bit too far forward and make the steering feel a bit strange. What I am hoping to find is something which sits somewhere between these two, without having the extra width of an MX bar.

If you know the angle of the stock bars or can recommend a replacement, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike.

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Replacement handlebars

Post by Spiff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 pm

I use a Protaper "CR Mid" bend from their Contour line, and am pleased. I believe the hight is about the same with less sweep. Give them a call, the guy I talked to was helpful. Make sure that the bar has enough room for the controls before the diameter increases. As far a width, they feel natural to me, but the end of the bars to have lines to help with trimming. Just use a pipe cutter.

Mike690
125cc
125cc
City: Melbourne
Colour: White

Re: Replacement handlebars

Post by Mike690 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks

I ended up going with the LSL Crossbar. It’s very close to stock in all dimensions with less sweep.