50cc
50cc
City: Littleton
Year: 2020
Colour: Black
Model: Adventure

Re: 1290 Power Commander V Custom maps

Post by m4j2t » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:33 pm

I realize this thread is probably dead, but just in case...

I just looked on the Rottweiler website, and I saw they are charging $50USD for maps. That seems a little steep, so I’m looking elsewhere. I’m also looking for the hack to get into the advanced Autotune options; as that was posted years ago, I’m wondering if there’s been a firmware update to enable this. I haven't opened the software, so I’ll have to do that and have a look. I, m not currently in my home town, and there’s about 16 inches of snow outside my garage, so I’ve got time. It seems like that's a better option than running the AT full time; I’m still looking into all of this...

I’m also considering using my map switch to turn the AT on and off instead of switching between maps. I use this bike for canyon carving, but occasionally I go on multi day/long distance rides, and I’d like to gain some milage economy. If I get a good map for my bike/region, (I can make one on the highway going over the continental divide 7000’ to 12000’ all uphill, no deceleration) would it be better to just run that all the time and switch on the AT to trim it for fuel economy when I’m cruising the high valley highways?

kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Post by kevxtx » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 am

A lot of time an money goes into developing maps, if the map is right for my region I would pay the $50.00 for a map unless you can build your own then I completely understand.

If you going to run the auto tune all the time you need to run less trimmings like maybe +-5 or less, anymore than 5 the Auto trim just throws while trimmings at the PCV.

If we build a map as an example 13.2:1 under load then run the auto tune all the time the Auto Tune cant tell if you are under load or not, under load we can target 13.2.1, on the cruise the AFR can change to 12.8:1, under decel that fuel cell can run up to 12:1 then at closed throttles 14:1, so with all these on & off the throttles all the time the Auto can throw these wild lean/rich trims at the PCV.

I personally would only run the Auto tune under load or on the cruise using map 2.

kevxtx
City: Brisbane

Post by kevxtx » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:26 am

I found my examples what happens to the AFR if you leave the Auto tune running all the time, the examples where removed by the shared site that closed down I have just added them back on the forum.

http://www.ktmsmt.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 682#p42682

robby-hk
250cc
250cc
City: HK
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Post by robby-hk » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:05 am

Hi Folks,

I've been a huge fan of all your work here for several years, thank you for putting all this together.

I've had my 1290 since new in 2014 and it's been running well with the mods I've made to it so far. But the Rotty air filter foam is deteriorating and I've decided to buy a PCV from Rottweiler while replacing it.

Just wondering if you might be able to recommend a PCV map that's good for my setup ? I have the following mods on the bike :

2014 SD1290R, 30k km
Rottweiler airbox / filter
80 / 80 stacks
Akra ECU Map from KTM
Bodis decat pipe
Stock muffler

Australia, sea level or near enough, 98 Octane fuel

Thank you all,