Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Warning Light with Akra map

Post by Fry » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 am

Postby Fry » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm

In other posts I am having a self created driveability issue, I had the Akra map installed when I took delivery of the bike due to not wanting to go back to the dealer after I installed my AR full system. Bike was sluggish, didn't throttle cleanly, wasn't crisp, basically a dog with no power, no balls, horrible. But I figure this is just temporary until I could install the Exh.

Well, I got the AR Link Pipe and ST Range Hi Mount Can installed (Headers still on back order to me), my initial impressions are that the throttle responses is a lot quicker, super crisp sounding, instantaneous. It's also loud as fuck.

Due to the rain I have yet to take it out for a test drive to see if in fact the Akra Map with Stock Exh was causing the driveability issues. As far as the Headers, AR is saying another month, FUCK.

Road test results to follow.

What I need to know now is I I also have a warning light on the lower right on my dash? Yellow Triangle Light with something in the middle (Im at work so dint recall exactly what it is) I am assuming it has something to do with me unplugging the Exh Servo Box and removing all of that and the cat? I also removed and re-installed the rear pipe O2 Sensor when fitting the link pipe but I doubt that would throw a warning light? Nothing else has been done to the bike, well I did put in a Anti Gravity Batt, a CustomLed Taillight and Blinker assembly, but I think it has to do with the Servo box removal.

I thought having the Akra map would fix any issues with removing the Exh Servo motor\control unit?

Anyway for the home mechanic to find out what that warning light means\is for\way to re-set it?

Pics when I get home. Suggestions and thoughts welcomed.

Newjerseyduke
675cc
675cc
City: Riverdale , NJ
Year: 2015

Re: Warning Light with Akra map

Post by Newjerseyduke » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:51 am

My custom led blaster rear light threw a lamp out code, yellow triangle. Are you seeing a lamp warning flashing on left screen?

Traction control off shows a yellow triangle.

Sas removal shows yellow triangle without the akra map.
2015 SDR 1290

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 am

The warning light I'm seeing is the Yellow one to the bottom right. This is what's showing with the bike started and idling for a few on the stands. I do not know why the Traction Control or ABS lights are on? Could be because of the Drive Mode I'm in?

Newjerseyduke
675cc
675cc

Post by Newjerseyduke » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:32 am

tc and abs will go out after you start rolling. thaats normal.
2015 SDR 1290

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:50 am

Thanks NJ

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter
City: NORTH CHESTERFIELD
Colour: Black

Post by 5150 Pops » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 am

Fry wrote:Postby Fry » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm
Nothing else has been done to the bike, well I did put in a CustomLed Taillight and Blinker assembly,
Anyway for the home mechanic to find out what that warning light means\is for\way to re-set it?
Suggestions and thoughts welcomed.
Easy way to rule out or confirm the problem.

Disconnect, the "CustomLed Taillight and Blinker assembly"- no need to remove it, just disconnect it.
Grab your original taillight and turn signals, and plug them in. Turn bike on.
If triangle is gone, it's obvious what's up.

thumperbob2002
125cc
125cc
City: Easy Yorks

Post by thumperbob2002 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:27 pm

I really dont know why the emphasis is on de catting and straight through exhaust on this forum. Most people ( if any ) cant use the power of this bike, and doing this always throws up problems. Ive seen so many full systems with TC on, quite hard to believe. For example a full on exhaust and in street mode.

Fair play to people that want to mod their bike, to make it more individual to them- but the hassle factor must be massive ( and the financial cost ).

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:18 pm

thumperbob2002 wrote:I really dont know why the emphasis is on de catting and straight through exhaust on this forum. Most people ( if any ) cant use the power of this bike, and doing this always throws up problems. Ive seen so many full systems with TC on, quite hard to believe. For example a full on exhaust and in street mode.

Fair play to people that want to mod their bike, to make it more individual to them- but the hassle factor must be massive ( and the financial cost ).
Thumper, the SDR and any liter bike of the last 10 years has more power than I can use, has better suspension than I need, and overall are vastly superior than my riding abilities.

However, I am one who likes to "Tinker", to "Wrench" and ultimately one who likes to learn been doing it for the last 30 years starting with modding my mini bikes, dirt bikes, quads, muscle cars both vintage and modern, and street bikes.

I'm one who is mostly shy, low key and tends to not speak so much however one of the main reasons I bought the 17 SDR is to stand out from the crowd, to have the "Bike of the Moment", to own the bike that non bike owners gravitate towards when parked with a group of other cookie cutter bikes. When I was riding a well sorted and tinkered with 2003 GSXR1K, along with my 2 riding buddies, one who also owns a Gixxer 1K everyone gravitated towards my other buddies Aprilia RSV4r, this is one of the reasons I bought the SDR.

With that being said the reason for the Exh change, along with all of the other upgrades is not so much for performance enhancement but more so for the "Cool" factor, both visually and audibly. The AR Exh. just plain "Barks", to me it conveys the sound of a "Serious" bike. Point in case, when I pulled up to the dealer yesterday most Techs, Salesman and Customers gathered around the bike. The Lead Tech said he heard me coming and was like "What the Fuck is coming, sounds wicked". Sure the Exh install, and me not fully understanding how adaptive the bike is and the order of operations needed to be taken to upgrade this bike caused me issues yet I'm working through them and have learned a lot along the way (Thank you 5150 Pops), the bike really is waking up and getting to where it needs to be.

As for the financial cost, your right it is massive, least to me it is. I've added BST CF Rims, AR Full Ti, Ceramic coated Exh. system, AR Foldable, adjustable levers, CustomLed Integrated Tail Light, Yoshimura Tail Tidy, Renthal handlebars, AntiGravity Lith-Ion Batt, and a few other things. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford these items. I figured if I was buying my dream bike, I would want to upgrade\personalize it all at once, get it over and done with.

In closing for me, and I would assume for most who just ride on the streets, upgrades are more about personalization than a definitive need for more performance, these bikes are too good for most of us and don't need performance upgrades.

To each there own though....

Newjerseyduke
675cc
675cc

Post by Newjerseyduke » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:39 pm

^^^ well said and I also fit into that category. I also fit into the more reserved and quiet personality type and I also went overboard on my bright orange '15. I wanted something flashy and attention getting because I am not. But watch what you wish for. Everybody wants to talk about my Sdr and it gets a lot of attention when around even 30 thousand dollar Harley's. This bike may just bring you out of your shell.
2015 SDR 1290

JackRabbitSlim
125cc
125cc
City: Rogers
Year: 2010

Post by JackRabbitSlim » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Fry wrote:
thumperbob2002 wrote:I really dont know why the emphasis is on de catting and straight through exhaust on this forum. Most people ( if any ) cant use the power of this bike, and doing this always throws up problems. Ive seen so many full systems with TC on, quite hard to believe. For example a full on exhaust and in street mode.

Thumper, the SDR and any liter bike of the last 10 years has more power than I can use, has better suspension than I need, and overall are vastly superior than my riding abilities.

However, I am one who likes to "Tinker", to "Wrench" and ultimately one who likes to learn been doing it for the last 30 years starting with modding my mini bikes, dirt bikes, quads, muscle cars both vintage and modern, and street bikes.

I'm one who is mostly shy, low key and tends to not speak so much however one of the main reasons I bought the 17 SDR is to stand out from the crowd, to have the "Bike of the Moment", to own the bike that non bike owners gravitate towards when parked with a group of other cookie cutter bikes. When I was riding a well sorted and tinkered with 2003 GSXR1K, along with my 2 riding buddies, one who also owns a Gixxer 1K everyone gravitated towards my other buddies Aprilia RSV4r, this is one of the reasons I bought the SDR.

With that being said the reason for the Exh change, along with all of the other upgrades is not so much for performance enhancement but more so for the "Cool" factor, both visually and audibly. The AR Exh. just plain "Barks", to me it conveys the sound of a "Serious" bike. Point in case, when I pulled up to the dealer yesterday most Techs, Salesman and Customers gathered around the bike. The Lead Tech said he heard me coming and was like "What the Fuck is coming, sounds wicked". Sure the Exh install, and me not fully understanding how adaptive the bike is and the order of operations needed to be taken to upgrade this bike caused me issues yet I'm working through them and have learned a lot along the way (Thank you 5150 Pops), the bike really is waking up and getting to where it needs to be.

As for the financial cost, your right it is massive, least to me it is. I've added BST CF Rims, AR Full Ti, Ceramic coated Exh. system, AR Foldable, adjustable levers, CustomLed Integrated Tail Light, Yoshimura Tail Tidy, Renthal handlebars, AntiGravity Lith-Ion Batt, and a few other things. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford these items. I figured if I was buying my dream bike, I would want to upgrade\personalize it all at once, get it over and done with.

In closing for me, and I would assume for most who just ride on the streets, upgrades are more about personalization than a definitive need for more performance, these bikes are too good for most of us and don't need performance upgrades.

Post a pic please ... I wanted to see the wickedness [THUMBS UP SIGN]thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Karnage
125cc
125cc
City: Brisbane

Post by Karnage » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 pm

When you scroll through the menus, it should have a faults page which is only available when here is a fault ie low fuel, key out of range etc. Does that screen show the fault?
warning.PNG
Last edited by Karnage on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 5150 Pops » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm

He posted an assload in another thread titled ~ 2017 pic dump...

thumperbob2002
125cc
125cc
City: Easy Yorks

Post by thumperbob2002 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:50 pm

JackRabbitSlim wrote:
Fry wrote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very well explained pal. To each their own!! To be honest I have spent a fortune on my zx10 race bike and there is no way I am as good as a stocker! I tend to have quite a few road bikes and change them often so sometimes putting them back to stock is a headache. I too am quite unassuming but get attention by pulling big wheelies and stoppies!!

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Karnage wrote:When you scroll through the menus, it should have a faults page which is only available when here is a fault ie low fuel, key out of range etc. Does that screen show the fault?
warning.PNG
That Fault went away when I removed the BAtt cable to clear the learned values. Went out for a big ride after doing that and the service Yellow warning Triangle never came back.

Fast forward to my rush in getting my BSTs fitted to the bike, I neglected to provide the tire installer my TPMS's and thus I now have a Yellow Triangle Warning light and Message of TPMS Failure at every key cycle, no biggie as I check my tires religiously.

I wish there was a way to clear the Serviced needed warning and or the Yellow triangle (Though due to the TMPS it will keep coming back?) by the owner and not the dealer.

Thanks for the reply.

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 5150 Pops » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I think u can turn the tpms off, or have the dealer do it through KTM diagnostic equipment.
Yes, I mean OFF, not just reset.

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:17 am

Good to know...When I make an appearance there I will have them do that.

5150 Pops
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 5150 Pops » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am

Fry wrote:Good to know...When I make an appearance there I will have them do that.
I think

Largeproject
250cc
250cc
City: Bemmel
Year: 2014

Post by Largeproject » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Fry wrote:Postby Fry » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm

What I need to know now is I I also have a warning light on the lower right on my dash? Yellow Triangle Light with something in the middle (Im at work so dint recall exactly what it is) I am assuming it has something to do with me unplugging the Exh Servo Box and removing all of that and the cat? I also removed and re-installed the rear pipe O2 Sensor when fitting the link pipe but I doubt that would throw a warning light? Nothing else has been done to the bike, well I did put in a Anti Gravity Batt, a CustomLed Taillight and Blinker assembly, but I think it has to do with the Servo box removal.

I

With the evo kit also comes a dongle with it, that one you have to plug in where the servo motor is plug in. otherwise you get a faileur warning on the dashboard.

2017 EU bike - Akra full system - KTM Akra map - SAS delete - K & N filter - QS - Trackpack - MTC

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks Largeproject.

Whelp, I don't have a dongle for my Servo motor connection that I removed, I wonder if I can buy that separately?

Largeproject
250cc
250cc
City: Bemmel
Year: 2014

Post by Largeproject » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Yes you can, part number is om the box.

https://www.motopabst.eu/artikel.php?id=88232

2017 EU bike - Akra full system - KTM Akra map - SAS delete - K & N filter - QS - Trackpack - MTC