125cc
125cc
City: Bournemouth
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Re: What would you do.

Post by Deadhead » Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Interesting post...
I've had mine since the 1st March and just considering now whether to refuse it for 'not fit for purpose'
I've had a few issues that are still ongoing..
Delayed delivery through faulty display.
KTM badge falling off
Fuel gauge is so far out it ran out of fuel and I had to push it to a fuel station. None of the low fuel warning work. This is still an ongoing issue. The warning lamp doesn't illuminate, the low fuel messages appear when you have fuel but go round a corner..basically it's a joke and untrustworthy.
Low fuel pressure. Had trouble staring bike, once started the bike ran like a dog..this is a known issue that seem to have been fixed now.
Dealer has been very good but I'm fed up with it now..it's been more than 12 days at the dealer on and off waiting for parts, and the dealer has had to rip parts off other SDR to get me on the road again.
2012 ER6N (sold)
2014 S1000r Sport (sold)
2015 MT-07 ABS (sold)
2015 MT-09 ABS
2017 Superduke R

JJM
500cc
500cc
City: Higganum

Post by JJM » Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Deadhead wrote:Interesting post...
I've had mine since the 1st March and just considering now whether to refuse it for 'not fit for purpose'
I've had a few issues that are still ongoing..
Delayed delivery through faulty display.
KTM badge falling off
Fuel gauge is so far out it ran out of fuel and I had to push it to a fuel station. None of the low fuel warning work. This is still an ongoing issue. The warning lamp doesn't illuminate, the low fuel messages appear when you have fuel but go round a corner..basically it's a joke and untrustworthy.
Low fuel pressure. Had trouble staring bike, once started the bike ran like a dog..this is a known issue that seem to have been fixed now.
Dealer has been very good but I'm fed up with it now..it's been more than 12 days at the dealer on and off waiting for parts, and the dealer has had to rip parts off other SDR to get me on the road again.

This is the sort of stuff that gives me the hee-bee-gee-bees. Man I feel for you. Tough call, and the frustrations of it all must be compounding as you lose precious seat-time. I hope it gets sorted out one way or the other for you pronto!

Kamakazikev
125cc
125cc
City: Old Buckenham
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by Kamakazikev » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 am

Brand new replacement bike with full Akra delivered.
Brilliant service both from the dealer and KTM.
All I need now is this bloody weather to sort it self out!

Deadhead, sorry to hear you've been having a few issues. There has been mention of debris left in the tank from manufacture which has been blocking fuel filters causing low fuel pressure. I know what you mean about the fuel gauge though!

JJM
500cc
500cc
City: Higganum

Post by JJM » Fri May 19, 2017 11:06 am

Kamakazikev wrote:Brand new replacement bike with full Akra delivered.
Brilliant service both from the dealer and KTM.
All I need now is this bloody weather to sort it self out!

Deadhead, sorry to hear you've been having a few issues. There has been mention of debris left in the tank from manufacture which has been blocking fuel filters causing low fuel pressure. I know what you mean about the fuel gauge though!
Man, so glad to hear that you are back in business Kam! I hope that this bike was made mid-morning on a Tuesday immediately following a KTM quality-control company wide staff meeting and it was mandatory for everyone to blow into a breathalyzer on the way out to the production floor.

Peace

Deadhead
125cc
125cc
City: Bournemouth

Post by Deadhead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 pm

I reckon mine was made just after Christmas so most likely still hungover from brandy and mince pies.
The bike was delivered to my dealer in the UK towards the end of January, it was 2 weeks in transit. so must have been made in the first week.
Weather has been rubbish this week so not had a change to ride it and see if the fuel gauge is still giving imaginative readings. Rather than run straight back I thought I would at least use up a second tank of fuel to double check the problem make sure it's still there. They can pick the bike up if it is.
2012 ER6N (sold)
2014 S1000r Sport (sold)
2015 MT-07 ABS (sold)
2015 MT-09 ABS
2017 Superduke R

Kamakazikev
125cc
125cc
City: Old Buckenham
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by Kamakazikev » Thu May 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Quick update. This replacement bike with the full Akra is awesome. Feels more raw with the remap. Noisy to!
Zero faults at 250 miles and really happy with it.