batmantis
125cc
125cc
City: Dublin
Year: 2015

HELP: Mirror adjustment nightmare!

Post by batmantis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi,

I just purchased a sweet 2015 Superduke from the UK (although slipping clutch in 4th and 5th to be sorted!) and have gone about trying to remove the Evotech mirror extenders as they are shit. The extenders themselves were bet into place and took a rubber mallet and some bashing to remove the bolts. I got them off to be face with the below - the mirror facing the complete wrong direction when the housing is turned into the bar mount.

The same overtightening mudder fooker was at these and all I have achieved so far is sore hands and semi wrung bolts. I know it's an opposite thread type situation but before I got and ruin them can anybody confirm the exact way to turn these two bolts as they are on the bike?? I took the rubber off to get at the bolts and will refit once I have managed t actually budge the two bolts.

In the pics the housing part is turned in to tight. Should the top 13mm bolt on the mirror be turned clockwise away from this when holding it static?

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc
City: Sydney
Year: 2016

Re: HELP: Mirror adjustment nightmare!

Post by NiteKreeper » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 pm

That fucking mirror is gonna be the death of me - I got the same problem ever since I had to make the bike skinnier for a bit, and it STILL folds itself in at silly speed...
Now, IIRC, the bottom nut is the tensioner so you need to get the mirror into position, then turn it anti-clockwise so that it tightens down into the mount. You'll need to hold the upper nut with a spanner while you do this, so the mirror doesn't spin too.

But in all seriousness, I'm considering removing the left mirror altogether and waiting to see if the local constabulary even notice...

batmantis
125cc
125cc
City: Dublin
Year: 2015

Post by batmantis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:50 am

Got the fecking things after grabbing 2 long spanners and swinging. The two adjuster bolts don't look the best now so thankfully can be hidden with rubber cover!

megalord
500cc
500cc
City: london
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Post by megalord » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Did you guys use loctite when fitting the mirrors? Doesn't say anything in the rizoma instructions so unsure if I should buy some.