tonyteeth
500cc
500cc
City: Clearwater
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Went to start, all systems dead

Post by tonyteeth » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Went out last night for bike night. When I went to leave, I turned the key on, pressed start, heard a relay click, then everything went dead. No power what so ever. We took the seat off and found if we lifted the ECU (#17 in photo below) in the rubber bracket, the tail light would blink and a connection was now made. The display would again turn on with the key. The bike did eventually start after several failed connections. I then drove to eat without issue. Came out to start, dead again. Complete disconnection from battery because all of the electronics like the clock had been reset. There appears to be a loose connection. Anyone else experience this or have thoughts on it? Thank you.

#17 Timing charger EFI in #18 ECU rubber bracket. Is a timing charger EFI and an ECU basically the same thing?

Hitman
125cc
125cc
City: Melbourne
Year: 2014

Re: Went to start, all systems dead

Post by Hitman » Wed May 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Had a all systems shut down alert flash on the LcD the night before a big 7 day ride - WTF - called the dealer ( had his
Mobile ) bring it in tomorrow - No way dude - it says systems alert !!!! So I disconnected the battery - reconnected it - and have had no issues since - btw the 7 day trip of the Apple Isle was f@@@@ng sensational!!!!
Life is short.... no one is irreplaceable....everyone is disposable..... work hard....enjoy life.....

tonyteeth
500cc
500cc
City: Clearwater
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Post by tonyteeth » Wed May 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Mine ended up being a loose battery connection. No problems since.

Hitman
125cc
125cc
City: Melbourne
Year: 2014

Post by Hitman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:30 pm

I had a systems failure warning the day I was to leave for the ferry to Tassie - faaaark!!! Called the dealer and he was at a loss, bring it in he said - not going to get it to him so took matters into my own limited hands and disconnected the battery - problem sorted - trip done without issue - no re-occurrence- like resetting a bloody iPhone I thought to myself....
Life is short.... no one is irreplaceable....everyone is disposable..... work hard....enjoy life.....