fastgreyoldguy
50cc
50cc
City: Guelph
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

What quality conrol?

Post by fastgreyoldguy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:16 am

I knew when I purchased My SD 2017 that it was going to be exotic. wonderful design, power, charisma and and iffy quality. I am yet again on a loaner bike, for who knows how long.
The dealer has been good, KTM Canada are asshats. Ktm corporate is meh.
The list
Would not run out of the crate- 3 weeks to determine and correct faulty headlight.
No fork oil in right leg on delivery
Handle bars hit the tank and chipped the paint
Installed Akro system Found 4 of the eight motor mount bolts cross threaded(helicoiled them)
Crushed oil filter discovered at first oil change
Multiple missing fasteners.
Monthly software failures MTC\no start\functions disappearing\oil temperature steady at 138c\stranded regularly
quick shifter disappeared, in the shop bike currently thinks its an 1090 Adventure
Rad had a pinhole leak New rad was shipped with the top mounting tabs hammered flat to fit in the damn box cracked when trying to straighten The whole rad episode took 7 weeks out of my season.
The guys at the dealer have taken to calling the bike black Friday because it was obviously put together after a liquid lunch on a Friday
I wasn't expecting Honda reliability buy this is like a hyosung crossed with an enfield
Its hard to stay in business when your reputation is this bad.

xtremewlr
250cc
250cc
City: Tucson
Year: 2014
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: What quality conrol?

Post by xtremewlr » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Sorry you've had so many issues with your bike. My 2015 SDR has been stone reliable since the day I bought it with 3 miles on the clock.

HDKAWKTM
Supporter
Supporter
City: clemson
Year: 2015

Post by HDKAWKTM » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:26 am

Fastgreyoldguy. My experience is similar to Xtremewlr, knock on wood here. I have only had two issues and neither were major at all. The rear taillight mounting tab broke so I installed the led blaster programmable one at my cost and I had the high beam toggle switch replaced under warranty which both seems to have been common on 15's. Tires oil and fuel plus brake pads is my only expenses other than the boatload of mods but it has been good to me for my 4 years with my 2015 I bought new and it has been one of my favorite rides in my 45 years of being a license rider.
Current Stable: 2018 Harley Fatboy 114, 2015 SDR, 2011 Harley Ultra Limited "Clemson Tigers NCAA Football National Champs" :mrgreen:

fastgreyoldguy
50cc
50cc
City: Guelph
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Post by fastgreyoldguy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm

2weeks after the quick shifter quit I got the bike back with it working , Now the cruise control just flashes/doesn't work, I have ridden an "incomplete" bike for two years . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: