muckweed
125cc
125cc
City: Glos
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Factory heated grips

Post by muckweed » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:28 pm

My bike has been laid up for 3 months whilst having some work done. Prior to the work the grips were set on high. Got the bike back and had two rides. On the second ride I tried to set the grips to low or medium and the pressing of buttons had no response. Went to the main menu and turned them off. Tried to turn them back on and no response. They stayed off. I took the bike back to the dealer, he re-enabled them and they seemed to work until I ride out of the dealers! Came back a few days later and the dealer replaced the battery, re-enabled the grips, all worked until I was a couple of hundred yards down the road! Grips are off and the buttons don’t respond to my pressing. The main menu on the dash says Heated grips ON but the sub menu where you select the level remains on OFF despite all my efforts to change it. Does anyone have have any ideas.
Thanks in advance

Vinhemi
125cc
125cc
City: Altamonte Springs
Year: 2018
Colour: Black

Re: Factory heated grips

Post by Vinhemi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:44 am

That is strange, I've added them to my 2018 SD-1290r and had the dealer enable them with no problems. I would have them re-enable them and check for any updates to your ecu and explain to him that in the sub menu that they remain off and that you can not get them to turn on. It's sounds almost like the the activation of them is not taking full effect. The tech could always call KTM for any advice on this problem. They had to on my bike to get the quick shifter to work after the flash wouldn't activate it properly.

muckweed
125cc
125cc
City: Glos
Year: 2017
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Factory heated grips

Post by muckweed » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks for the advice. Popping in tomorrow, the plan is to plug in another set of grips. This will eliminate the grips or the control for the grips. Fingers crossed.