Being an Adolescent

Still the most important introductory info..
Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Being an Adolescent

Post by Fry » Mon May 21, 2018 2:50 am

Took the 17 SDR out for a little blast tonight and had a funny experience. I stopped at a Convenience store on my way home and run into my Step Sons 16 Y.O. friend and his friend, both are not the most academically gifted but seem to exceed at lifting weights, just to give you and idea of them. I'm talking to my S.S. friend while his friend is walking so many circles around my bike I think to myself he's gonna fall down from getting dizzy, LOL.

So the Dizzy Kid asks me about the bike, what brand and all of that, he tells me he has a KTM SX125, I respond cool bike. He then goes on to tell me he's once ridden a "Gixxer 1000", getting it up to 195 MPH. I chose the easiest response by simply saying "Cool". Having just got rid of a '03 GSXR1000 and know they don't do "195" I figured this is just "adolescent bravado" and chuckled to myself, I probably have said similar things at his age.

Anyway, what made me chuckle the most was his closing statement while still walking around my bike, "This thing looks like its from the fucking future.".....Yes, Yes it does I thought and thanked him for the compliment.

As I left I made sure to Blip the RS-22 a bit harder than normal, yup the adolescent coming out of me in that moment. The SDR never fails to impress.

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Re: Being an Adolescent

Post by dukebadboy » Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 am

Nice looking bike you have!

What's the brand of clear clutch cover?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Post by dukebadboy » Mon May 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks!

Is it easy to install it? Do I just remove the old cap and place a new pressure plate and cover? Do I need to drain oil before doing that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fry
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Fry » Mon May 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Drain Oil, Remove OEM Clutch Cover and Pressure Plate, install OEM (I think, they may provide a different rubber O-ring) O-ring gasket on new Cover, install new Pressure plate, install new cover.

Very Easy.

Spiff
Supporter
Supporter
City: Las Vegas
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by Spiff » Mon May 21, 2018 10:05 pm

It always amazes me when someone talks ridiculous about bikes to me. Easy to spot a bull shitter. Than I wonder how many times in life the rolls has been reversed. 😳 I've talked shit more than I'd like to admit. Lol.

As much as I like my bike sometimes I wish I went black.