Thinking of Changing Color...

Still the most important introductory info..
caduceus
125cc
125cc
City: Chicago
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Thinking of Changing Color...

Post by caduceus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 am

Any opinions?
Attachments
Bike-BlackExhaust-Green_zpsdifdb2sy.JPG
Bike-BlackExhaust-Blue_zps9s7g3uxg.JPG
Last edited by caduceus on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Striff
250cc
250cc
City: Brisbane

Re: Thinking of Changing Color...

Post by Striff » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 am

Green looks good.
Like a sponsored Monster energy drink bike.

Be interested in how you would change the colour in the light, I think they are sealed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

caduceus
125cc
125cc

Post by caduceus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:38 am

They may be. I found a headlight for sale here at this eBay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-1290-Super ... BA&vxp=mtr

It gives a good view of the back and inside of the headlight and it appears there are tabs on the backside. I assume heating up of the adhesive to dislodge the cover will be needed. Then I was thinking of plasti dipping the orange plastic parts or seeing if I could find someone to 3D print me a couple copies in the two colors.

caduceus
125cc
125cc

Post by caduceus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Fixed the pictures. For some reason the blue one went missing.

big tall dave
125cc
125cc
City: Nashville
Year: 2016

Post by big tall dave » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:29 am

Ever looked in to wraps? I know they can do some pretty amazing things these days.

caduceus
125cc
125cc

Post by caduceus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:17 pm

I did think about wrapping the bike even though there is not much to wrap. The tank would just get wrapped for protection but the part that would be the most important is the side fairings with the R on it. I was thinking of wrapping it in black with the corresponding decal and color already printed into the wrap.

The other way I was thinking was just having someone print out copies of the decals in those colors. I believe I counted 11 decals in total that would need to be created to cover everything orange. The nice thing about this color bike is there really is not a whole lot to do to change out the orange color and other than the large R all other decals are small. The cost to have some custom duplicate decals made should be relatively cheap.

I really like the orange but between wanting to be different and wanting a winter project I would like to change it out. The green definitely resembles a Monster Kawasaki look. Very appealing but that blue is nice too. I was thinking of just making everything in each color. The decals are not even close to being an issue with me but rather deciding how I am going to go about getting copies of the orange plastic pieces in the headlights in the two colors. I have a couple ideas but it is all about going to the garage and removing the headlight and doing the work.