Flashing the SD 1290

Still the most important introductory info..
SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc
City: NSW NORTH COAST
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: Flashing the SD 1290

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:36 am

NiteKreeper wrote:I'm just not sure a raped ape would be running anywhere fast...
lol, OH never saw it like that before, a cut snake might go fast I reckon but yeah....hahaha

Would like to know how this magical raped ape tune works, dont wanna see the video though, just the dyno results please!

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc
City: Sydney
Year: 2016

Post by NiteKreeper » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:42 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:
NiteKreeper wrote:I'm just not sure a raped ape would be running anywhere fast...
lol, OH never saw it like that before, a cut snake might go fast I reckon but yeah....hahaha

Would like to know how this magical raped ape tune works, dont wanna see the video though, just the dyno results please!
OK, I'm LOLing here now :D
Cut snake is much better, but my favourite is "Faster/busier than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest..."

KiT
500cc
500cc
City: Denver

Post by KiT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:44 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:Im asking how exactly they updated it? there has only been so many people / companies around the world that have been able to have access to the ECU,
I'm going to bet this guy isn't one of them

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc
City: San Francisco

Post by jsilva3071 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:02 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:Im asking how exactly they updated it? there has only been so many people / companies around the world that have been able to have access to the ECU, my question was HOW did they access the ECU, what program & equipment? what were the dyno results? or did they just magically update it without a dyno?
Sorry you havent explained anything
I don't know, he's a KTM mechanic and updated it. Next time I will hang out and watch. I explained what I knew and what he told me. He's my friend, worked on many of my bikes. When there is an update pushed out by KTM, he updates everything. Not sure how else you want me to explain it dude. Ran like crap when I left the dealership after they installed the full system and map they said was for it. Ran it for 1k and took it to him, he updated with the newest maps and it ran FUCKING AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:23 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:

It wasn't a map he did... he just did the correct most updated one that the dealership did not use for some reason and also explained there was more than one computer that coms with the ECU. Im not an expert. But I'm dead serious, it ran rough, like crap.

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc

Post by NiteKreeper » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 am

Any chance you could get some more info from him, Silva?
I can't find reference to more than one "computer", and the shitty diagrams I can find only show a single ECU.
I guess it's possible that all 3 are enclosed in the ECU, but that makes me wonder why all 3 aren't updated at once...

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:31 am

NiteKreeper wrote:Any chance you could get some more info from him, Silva?
I can't find reference to more than one "computer", and the shitty diagrams I can find only show a single ECU.
I guess it's possible that all 3 are enclosed in the ECU, but that makes me wonder why all 3 aren't updated at once...
That's a good question, he has my bike now, I will ask.

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:52 am

& details on this updated map would be great, so its not the typical Akra map that is flashed during an Akra Evo exhaust install I guess but a newer / better version?

What exhaust & intake are you running jsilva3071?

Freude am Fahren
500cc
500cc
City: Miami
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by Freude am Fahren » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:12 am

Maybe the original tech just updated the dash and didn't actually load the Akra map? Or if it's possible KTM actually has a map designed for the slip-on only?

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 am

Freude am Fahren wrote:Maybe the original tech just updated the dash and didn't actually load the Akra map? Or if it's possible KTM actually has a map designed for the slip-on only?
Sounds likely / possible

The fueling isnt all that different between stock & the Akra map apparently but I did notice a difference with the Akra map installed

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 pm

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:
Freude am Fahren wrote:Maybe the original tech just updated the dash and didn't actually load the Akra map? Or if it's possible KTM actually has a map designed for the slip-on only?
Sounds likely / possible

The fueling isnt all that different between stock & the Akra map apparently but I did notice a difference with the Akra map installed
So the way he explained it to me was that there is one ECU case, with in that case or three different computers that control different aspects of the bike. All of these computers need to communicate with each other and they each need to be updated separately. There is one superuser tool that KTM mechanics use, this one machine connects to the EC you and displays all three of the computers. Then the mechanic if they do it correctly update each one individually with the latest update from KTM. He learned this through KTM, he is a certified mechanic with them and get all his information and training straight from them.

When I got the bike from the dealership, they installed the exhaust system and only installed one new updated map for the exhaust. However, that was not the latest Akra map and they failed to apply the other updates for the rest of the other systems. That is why my bike ran like shit.

I hope this answers everyone's question and explained when I say my bike ran like shit and then once it was updated it ran like a raped ape this is my damn opinion and from my experience. He did not apply any custom map from a Dino he just did everything correctly what my dealership failed to do from the beginning.

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc

Post by NiteKreeper » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 pm

jsilva3071 wrote:So the way he explained it to me was that there is one ECU case, with in that case or three different computers that control different aspects of the bike. All of these computers need to communicate with each other and they each need to be updated separately.
Nice to know I was on the money...
But seriously, they've got 3 computers in a single black box with a single connection to it, and they can't script an upgrade to do all three sequentially?!

At this point I wouldn't be astounded to hear that your dealer just fucked up the upgrade...
jsilva3071 wrote:...once it was updated it ran like a raped ape this is my damn opinion...
Sigh, here we go again :roll:

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Please explain to me what issue you have with my opinion on my bike?

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 pm

So why aren't all the dealerships around the world or even one of them getting these supposed updates for all 3 ECU's, doesnt take long for this info to travel around the world so why has not one other single person heard of these "other" updates?

What year / build date is your 1290 jsilva3071?
Last edited by SUPERDUKEINOZ on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc

Post by NiteKreeper » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 am

jsilva3071 wrote:Please explain to me what issue you have with my opinion on my bike?
Easy tiger, it was a joke about raped apes and whether they can actually run very fast, continuing the laugh we were having earlier.
But jokes are like frogs: they don't work after you've dissected them...

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:03 am

NiteKreeper wrote:
jsilva3071 wrote:Please explain to me what issue you have with my opinion on my bike?
Easy tiger, it was a joke about raped apes and whether they can actually run very fast, continuing the laugh we were having earlier.
But jokes are like frogs: they don't work after you've dissected them...
Ah, OK I am tracking now. I apologize I did not get the context in the text.

NiteKreeper
900cc
900cc

Post by NiteKreeper » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:46 am

No worries, but you blokes need to work on your quoting - it hurts my eyes...

jsilva3071
125cc
125cc

Post by jsilva3071 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:54 pm

So I guess my point would be that this person who sells this product probably doesn't know to update all three parts and probably does not have true access to do it properly. I'd stay away from stuff like that, if my dealership can screw it up, I wouldn't trust him with it. Not knocking him, but you can get away with mistakes in flashing cars, they are more forgiving than a bike. My.02's

SUPERDUKEINOZ
250cc
250cc

Post by SUPERDUKEINOZ » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 pm

So you are now telling everyone to stay away from someone & a product you dont know anything about, & that you think "probably" doesnt know how to update these 3 mysterious ECU's that you really know nothing about, obviously if you cant explain vaguely even what they are & you have no idea what this supposed KTM mechanic did to your bike to make it run like an ape has had anal sex performed on him unwillingly, no details at all of these supposed updates or new tunes that are apparently available from KTM that no one else in the world seems to know about, surely if it was true you could offer up some real proof but so far we have seen nothing at all yet that sounds real

Did he just put some race fuel in your tank? how are we meant to know any different & how are we meant to believe anything you are saying really when it seems you dont really have a clue or any real factual evidence to offer???

If you could get the "KTM mechanic" to join this forum & maybe explain what the heck you are talking about then maybe your advice might be valid but at this stage I dont think your advice to avoid someone or something you seem to know nothing about stands

Adoligy69
250cc
250cc
City: Gold Coast
Year: 2017

Post by Adoligy69 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Coming off a Diavel and being on that Forum there was quite a lot of talk regarding open flash and none of what i read was bad if that sais anything ..there are people out there that specialize in this type of Re flashing Ecu
Tuneboy is another company that does a lot of different bikes Plug and play not Ktm though ...they can add Cruise Multiple different changeable maps and all sorts of things on Ducati i am guessing they would also have multiple computers