JJay51
City: UK
Year: 2014
Colour: White
Model: Adventure

Custom seat complete

Post by JJay51 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Picked up my newly reworked seat today cost just £65 :D

Looking forward to testing it out on a long run if we ever get the weather :roll:

Teriyaki Man
250cc
250cc
City: Wigan
Year: 2012

Custom seat complete

Post by Teriyaki Man » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Neat job mate. Looks like you've had it reprofiled and not just recoverd. Gel pad?Where did you get it done?

I'm thinking of having mine done too as the originals a bit uncomfy for all day and the air hawk makes my back ache.

You'll have to report back after you've tried it.
Allan

2012 SMT - Black
2014 Beta Evo 250 2T

JJay51
City: UK
Year: 2014
Colour: White
Model: Adventure

Re: Custom seat complete

Post by JJay51 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 am

Teriyaki Man wrote:Neat job mate. Looks like you've had it reprofiled and not just recoverd. Gel pad?Where did you get it done?

I'm thinking of having mine done too as the originals a bit uncomfy for all day and the air hawk makes my back ache.

You'll have to report back after you've tried it.
Got it done at a local upholstery shop, New Look Upholstery - http://newlookupholstery.clickforward.com/index.html

I had a section of sponge from a sportsbike pillion seat that i dropped off with the seat, he added that for my seat area as its firm like the standard foam, added sponge on the front to give a little padding as there isnt any standard.
Added sponge to the pillion area keeping the same profile and angle as standard.
Reused part of the original grip seat cover and stitched a new cover to fit.

Had i had some foresight i suppose i could have asked for orange or white thread to be used in the stitching :mrgreen: