Hellboi
675cc
675cc
City: Sagamihara
Year: 2010
Colour: White

Custom seat by Noguchi

Post by Hellboi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Bought this today from a former member of this forum. He had it made but never used it before selling his SMT. It is a one off by Noguchi, The king of Seat's in Japan. Heres some pics, whadaya think? :)

And where might a fellow like me find such a glorious spatula?

downunder
Supporter
Supporter
City: Mount Gambier
Year: 2014

Re: Custom seat by Noguchi

Post by downunder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Looks cool - goes with the graphics.
BUT what the hell are those tyres?? :shock:
Gone but not forgotten: '74 Honda XL100, '75 Suzi TS100, '76 Suzi T500, '78 Yam XT500, '80 Suzi GSX1100ET, '81 Suzi GSX100EX, '84 Honda VF1000R, '99 Honda CBR900RR, '10 KTM 990SMT

Hellboi
675cc
675cc

Post by Hellboi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Dunlop d616

Muppet
City: Bath
Year: 2011

Post by Muppet » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 am

Hellboi wrote:Dunlop d616
Had those on my Buell Ulysses - hated them, glad to see the back of them when they wore out. Is that your tyre of choice over there HB? I would have thought road tyres would be better unless you do some dirt tracking?

Now, about this seat - is it just modified looks are is the shape altered as well? What sort of cost is it - in Yen will be fine, my partner is Japanese so I could get her relatives to buy and ship over if t's worth it.
This is what I do with mine....

http://www.bikersoracletours.com

downunder
Supporter
Supporter

Post by downunder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:32 am

Muppet, looks like a great way to organise tours and meet new riders.
Envious; I live on a very flat part of the planet :(
Gone but not forgotten: '74 Honda XL100, '75 Suzi TS100, '76 Suzi T500, '78 Yam XT500, '80 Suzi GSX1100ET, '81 Suzi GSX100EX, '84 Honda VF1000R, '99 Honda CBR900RR, '10 KTM 990SMT

Hellboi
675cc
675cc

Post by Hellboi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Muppet wrote:
Had those on my Buell Ulysses - hated them, glad to see the back of them when they wore out. Is that your tyre of choice over there HB? I would have thought road tyres would be better unless you do some dirt tracking?

Now, about this seat - is it just modified looks are is the shape altered as well? What sort of cost is it - in Yen will be fine, my partner is Japanese so I could get her relatives to buy and ship over if t's worth it.
As for the tyres, They came with the bike brand new. I am impressed with thier stickieness and all round performance. I mostly ride street, but when I have a chance I get off into the dirt mountain trails.

As for the seat, it is a standard SMT seat but the ergonomics have been changed, the frint end is just a bit higher and the rear of the lower end is a but wider and less sloped than the original to spread the pressure out more and not push forward as much. I like it, I would of asked for a Gel layer though if I were to get it made. I am told it is about 70,000 yen when you factor in the price of a seat from KTM because they need the original to build on so if you were to send them yours, take off about 25,000 from the price. Expensive yes, Worth it? I dunno, but it looks good and feels better and I picked it up second hand for 37,500.

Muppet

Post by Muppet » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

downunder wrote:http://www.bikersoracletours.com

Muppet, looks like a great way to organise tours and meet new riders.
Envious; I live on a very flat part of the planet :(
It is, we have a small 'customer' base of about 100 or so who generally go on a tour every couple of years - some though go every year and some more than once a year! I'd love to run it as a full time business, but it's not viable unless I scale it up an the risks of not making money etc. become too great for me financially - wouldn't be able to afford my SMT for a start! We usually have around 20 - 30 people come away on each tour and all the profit goes towards running the club.

So, do I take it that Mount Gambier isn't in fact a mountain then - if it's flat around your way?

Muppet

Post by Muppet » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Hellboi wrote:
Muppet wrote:

As for the tyres, They came with the bike brand new. I am impressed with thier stickieness and all round performance. I mostly ride street, but when I have a chance I get off into the dirt mountain trails.

As for the seat, it is a standard SMT seat but the ergonomics have been changed, the frint end is just a bit higher and the rear of the lower end is a but wider and less sloped than the original to spread the pressure out more and not push forward as much. I like it, I would of asked for a Gel layer though if I were to get it made. I am told it is about 70,000 yen when you factor in the price of a seat from KTM because they need the original to build on so if you were to send them yours, take off about 25,000 from the price. Expensive yes, Worth it? I dunno, but it looks good and feels better and I picked it up second hand for 37,500.
Ok, not too bad with the current exchange rate, somewhere about £350 plus the new seat. Actually, that's pretty expensive, but it does look good. If you come across any more, would you please get in touch with me, I could well be interested. Thanks for the info.

Cheers
Clive

downunder
Supporter
Supporter

Post by downunder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:20 am

Muppet wrote:So, do I take it that Mount Gambier isn't in fact a mountain then - if it's flat around your way?
Apologies in advance to Kev for going off topic, but the following in not a typo.
"Mount" Gambier at 165mtrs soars majestically 120mtrs above the city.
And you can't even ride up it :(
And then the landscape plunges 45 mtrs to the coast 30km away......