Anyone in UK found a comfy seat ?

Muppet
City: Bath
Year: 2011
Colour: White

Re: Anyone in UK found a comfy seat ?

Post by Muppet » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 pm

adcolor wrote:Hellboi, I like the front 1/2 (you all just knew someone would).

And the back 1/2 needs to be LARGER. Yeah, you read it right. When I take the woman for a ride, and not the 20~30 mile ride to go get a bite, but the 200 miles plus ride she needs to be comfortable. Just bought a n ergo seat on fleabay. It will be my standard seat while I experiment with my seat. My plan? Widen it to fit between the passenger handles. Then have an appropriate firmness of foam.

The front 1/2 looks a lot like a Rick Mayer seat.
I concur! :D Having just done a long weekend to Belgium, only doing 200 mile days, my arse was beginning to feel it, and I'm concerned for when I do longer tours with up to 300 mile days consecutively, for 2 weeks.

What make is it Hellboi, what was the cost please?

Cheers
Clive
This is what I do with mine....

http://www.bikersoracletours.com

Hellboi
675cc
675cc
City: Sagamihara
Year: 2010

Post by Hellboi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm

My new seat is more comfy, but I still supplimented it with this for 2000k+ rides. The Small Cruiser version is a perfect match. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... GI&cad=rja
And where might a fellow like me find such a glorious spatula?

adcolor
Supporter
Supporter
City: Denver
Year: 2012

Post by adcolor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:26 am

Funny, I showed my wife one of the new ones (in a picture) today. She was not impressed, being concerned about falling off.
My logical response that between me, the backrest, her footpegs, that she was good to go (I didn't mention the Triumph, which didn't have grab handles -- yet).

I will save this for the spring, in the event I don't get anything done with the seat.

Some folks like using the beaded seat covers; I suspect that they make even slight movement a bigger change by moving to different pressure points. I also intend to put some pegs on the crash bars (no, it will not look like a Hog or Wing). It will be 'pretty'.

LMAO - sometimes I just crack myself up.
Mods: arrow exhaust, 2nd flies removed, plugged air injection caps, JC30-80 air filter, 44T sprocket, 80w high beam, short levers, weighted bar ends, Rox risers, remapped ecu, heated grips, horn, radiator screen, crash bar, skid plate, backrest.

Windblown
500cc
500cc
City: Woodstock, VA
Year: 2013
Colour: Black

Post by Windblown » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Put an SMR seat on it for a few weeks. The stocker will feel like a couch after that. ;)

I actually like the SMR seat, not for the comfort it offers in any one position but for the ability to move around which is an important part of being comfy all day long. My plan is to have someone take the stock seat and take some of the dish out of it, get rid of the rise behind the riders position that prevents one from sliding back during highway stints, and perhaps widen the back just a wee bit. I think it will be a good combo.

adcolor
Supporter
Supporter
City: Denver
Year: 2012

Post by adcolor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 am

Consider a firmer foam while you are at it. Worked great on my old Triumph.
Mods: arrow exhaust, 2nd flies removed, plugged air injection caps, JC30-80 air filter, 44T sprocket, 80w high beam, short levers, weighted bar ends, Rox risers, remapped ecu, heated grips, horn, radiator screen, crash bar, skid plate, backrest.