adcolor
Supporter
Supporter
City: Denver
Year: 2012
Colour: White

Continental tire recall -- USA

Post by adcolor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:33 am

I just received a recall notice dated October 25th for a number of Continental front tires in the 120/70ZR17 sizes.

You can go here to follow up on the issue: http://continentaltire.custhelp.com/euf ... /index.htm

Replacement of Continental 120/70 ZR 17 and 120/70 R 17 motorcycle front wheel tires
Condition in the tread and/or belt may lead to separation and possible pressure loss
Program covers appproximately 9,000 tires sold in the Americas between 2007 and 2014.

The affected tires were sold to original equipment and replacement customers worldwide between 2007 and 2014. This safety recall is part of a worldwide program
affecting 170,000 tires.

I did not have an issue with the tire, but replaced it twice since then with something else. This recall covers tires replaced due to failure (or concern that something was wrong with it) even if the tire was replaced some time back. The letter on the web site was not as detailed as the one I received. Replacement cost includes mounting, balancing, and taxes.

The end of the recall period has been posted as March 31, 2015. Though I can't imagine any company being able to end one if a defective product is out there (ok, you can smack me if you like, but that's my suspicion, based on observation of our legal system).
Mods: arrow exhaust, 2nd flies removed, plugged air injection caps, JC30-80 air filter, 44T sprocket, 80w high beam, short levers, weighted bar ends, Rox risers, remapped ecu, heated grips, horn, radiator screen, crash bar, skid plate, backrest.

Sweetlou
500cc
500cc
City: Islip
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Re: Continental tire recall -- USA

Post by Sweetlou » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:58 pm

I replaced my tires and Conti picked up the bill for the new front Trail Attack 2 and mounting... can't beat it!

Lou