kaivalagi
990cc
990cc
City: Norwich
Year: 2011
Colour: White

Angel GT

Post by kaivalagi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I am sticking some Angel GTs on the bike on Saturday to replace the worn out Mich PR3s, they're slightly cheaper than the PR3's at £230 fitted for the pair and hopefully should last a little longer than them too....

Anyone else put some on their bike? What do you make of them?

I'll let you know what I think of them after they're scrubbed in
My other bike is a rocket ;)

manxzulu
250cc
250cc
City: South Shields

Re: Angel GT

Post by manxzulu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 am

How have you got on with the Angel GT's?

pvdbogaard
250cc
250cc
City: Voorthuizen
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by pvdbogaard » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 pm

At 5500km it was time for a new one on the back. Ordered an Angel GT while in Italy at some local shop. Now at 8500. Never had an issue till now. Front one needs to be replaced. Checked the back and see an Angel ST was placed.... But ordered an Angel GT for front wheel. Next week it will be placed.

kaivalagi
990cc
990cc
City: Norwich

Post by kaivalagi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 pm

GTs are working out fine, I don't have deluded high expectations performance wise though as they are a touring tyre, and for me they were bought specifically to give me the most mileage. They seem to have a very round shape compared to the PR3's if that makes sense, quite steep angles on the far edges, but they turn in and behave well enough. No issues with confidence with them at all yet, but it's been good biking weather and I've not had them out in any wet weather for very long.

Still seeing the GT symbol on the center of the tread and I've done a few hundred miles on them already so they're wearing quite slow I think, now it's just a case of waiting and seeing how much mileage they really give before they turn to sh1t!
My other bike is a rocket ;)