ANy larger semi-soft luggage options out there?

ttraynor
125cc
125cc
City: grand Rapids
Year: 2010

ANy larger semi-soft luggage options out there?

Post by ttraynor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Want a real set for real trips and wondered if anybody tried some of the options for semi-soft from GIVI or SW-Motech.

adcolor
Supporter
Supporter
City: Denver
Year: 2012
Colour: White

Re: ANy larger semi-soft luggage options out there?

Post by adcolor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 am

To not answer your question -- I just bought a set of these:
http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?fus ... uct_id=312
They will require a modified plate and maybe a tie rod around the back.
(Using the stock bag mounts).)
They are large. The internal support is a sheet of plastic cut to fold and fit. Good for a moderately tightly load.Shouldn't be needed with a tight load. Lots of straps to tighten the bag up. Comes with a light weight dry bag, I have aftermarket pipes and have removed the heat shields. Rode home with them mounted, nothing in them, all was well getting home. I can see them settling around the muffler, and they need a larger back support. Fortunately, I have a couple of pieces of light aluminum plate laying around. They will be perfect. Likely attach them either with a hose clamp or with velcro strips (cut slots in them). I may end up using the stock heat shields with them, but my effort will be to avoid it.

I tried these on, they will fit as is (with the stock bad mounts):
http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm/pro ... e-bags.cfm

The cross over straps come in either adjustable buckle or velcro. The buckles will fit under the seat or offset from the seat (to clear the latch of under seat components).
Mods: arrow exhaust, 2nd flies removed, plugged air injection caps, JC30-80 air filter, 44T sprocket, 80w high beam, short levers, weighted bar ends, Rox risers, remapped ecu, heated grips, horn, radiator screen, crash bar, skid plate, backrest.