Hard Cases

Hotbrakes
125cc
125cc

Re: Hard Cases

Post by Hotbrakes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:22 am

I had the exact same results with the Maxia. Luckily I fab'd up a spacer to raise the latch point prior to arriving at the bike. Had to trim a bit more off but the template I made out of cardboard beforehand worked perfectly and the mounts just barely fit using the entire stock rack. The 55l topcase worked wonderfully and doesn't look too bad fitted on the SMT. I don't know where to purchase the individual mounting bungs, but they worked flawlessly.
My wife did ride on the back with the box mounted and it was fine with the Givi pad mounted.

ready2ride
125cc
125cc
City: Central Florida
Year: 2013
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

Post by ready2ride » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Hotbrakes wrote:I had the exact same results with the Maxia. Luckily I fab'd up a spacer to raise the latch point prior to arriving at the bike. Had to trim a bit more off but the template I made out of cardboard beforehand worked perfectly and the mounts just barely fit using the entire stock rack. The 55l topcase worked wonderfully and doesn't look too bad fitted on the SMT. I don't know where to purchase the individual mounting bungs, but they worked flawlessly.
My wife did ride on the back with the box mounted and it was fine with the Givi pad mounted.

This is by far the best solution for mounting a top case that I have found. Nice clean look without the case, and a huge variety of sizes and styles fit this mounting system. Any Givi "monokey" case will work this way. Thanks for the inspiration to give it a try.
Givi packages the hardware as a kit and calls it E115 I believe.
2013 KTM 990 SMT
2009 H-D XR1200

Taseuropas
50cc
50cc
City: Kirchdorf in Tirol
Year: 2009
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

Post by Taseuropas » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:10 pm

None here experienced with Touratech aluminium hard cases?