Engine only runs up to half throttle!

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010
Model: SMT

Engine only runs up to half throttle!

Post by Magic Wand » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi all!

Bought a Lithium-Ion battery the other day, but the power was too week, so I used jump start cables, from the old battery, and the engine started.

Due to the fact I reinstalled original air filter, secondary flies and snorkel I did the 15 min reset imediatelly. (Original map was installed last season, although I used K&N air filter, no snorkel and secondary flies out)

Today I started the engine without a problem. Drove some minutes and wanted to pull full throttle, but the engines 'stalled'! Like there was not enough fuel. But as soon as I dropped the throttle the engine run ok again.
I concluded that the engine wount run ok using more than half throttle.
Idle is ok, no FI-light and so on.

Also installed original heat grips the other day, but they seems not to work ok. When turning ignition on, the 4 lamps start to flash at the same time (=ok), and also to shut of using 3 seconds push the button works ok. But there is no heat at the grips and I cant start the first heat step, or any other step at all.

Ideas?

Thanks!

/Magic
Last edited by Magic Wand on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010
Model: SMT

Re: Engine only runs up to halv throttle!

Post by Magic Wand » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

For the ones interested what the problem is/was.

The secondary flies does not open when turning the ignition to ON. Something is error but I don't know what or where.
I demounted the secondary flies and started the enging and it runs like a wolf! 8-)

I had a great ride today, about 400 km in sun and also some ice and snow on the small roads at countryside north Stockholm :)

/M