Engine only runs up to half throttle!

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010
Model: SMT

Engine only runs up to half throttle!

Post by Magic Wand » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi all!

Bought a Lithium-Ion battery the other day, but the power was too week, so I used jump start cables, from the old battery, and the engine started.

Due to the fact I reinstalled original air filter, secondary flies and snorkel I did the 15 min reset imediatelly. (Original map was installed last season, although I used K&N air filter, no snorkel and secondary flies out)

Today I started the engine without a problem. Drove some minutes and wanted to pull full throttle, but the engines 'stalled'! Like there was not enough fuel. But as soon as I dropped the throttle the engine run ok again.
I concluded that the engine wount run ok using more than half throttle.
Idle is ok, no FI-light and so on.

Also installed original heat grips the other day, but they seems not to work ok. When turning ignition on, the 4 lamps start to flash at the same time (=ok), and also to shut of using 3 seconds push the button works ok. But there is no heat at the grips and I cant start the first heat step, or any other step at all.

Ideas?

Thanks!

/Magic
Last edited by Magic Wand on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Engine only runs up to halv throttle!

Post by Magic Wand » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

For the ones interested what the problem is/was.

The secondary flies does not open when turning the ignition to ON. Something is error but I don't know what or where.
I demounted the secondary flies and started the enging and it runs like a wolf! 8-)

I had a great ride today, about 400 km in sun and also some ice and snow on the small roads at countryside north Stockholm :)

/M

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Engine only runs up to half throttle!

Post by Magic Wand » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi all.

Update.
I picked up the bike from the workshop today 1:st of November and everything is working great.
They didn't do anything about the secondary's except to mount them.
The diognos tool didn't say that something was wrong, and it was proved by the engine to run as it is supposed to do :)

M