Replacement ignition

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
Goose
125cc
125cc
City: Brighton
Year: 2009
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Replacement ignition

Post by Goose » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi. Some toe rag stole my smt 990 on Thursday night.
Got it back on Friday night with a broken steering lock. Smashed ignition and the 2 wires under neath cut. As well as smashing top box but not getting in.
Anything to be aware of when replacing the ignition.? Do they have shear bolts?.... thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010

Re: Replacement ignition

Post by Magic Wand » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi 'Goose'

I may not be able to help you out about the ignition, just wanted to say that my previous bike (V-Strom 1000) was stolen ones and I got it back the same day. The steering lock (and the frame) was broken, ignition smashed, seat bended and some other minor damages. The bike was taken to the work shop imediately and there it was for many many weeks... They didn't manage to fix the frame damage in that time and I never got the bike back...
The only good thing about this is that I got the chance to by a KTM SMt ;)

So, I really hope that someone will be able to help you out with this problem! Maybe it could have been worse...

/M

Goose
125cc
125cc
City: Brighton
Year: 2009
Colour: Black & Orange

Re: Replacement ignition

Post by Goose » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Magic Wand wrote:Hi 'Goose'

I may not be able to help you out about the ignition, just wanted to say that my previous bike (V-Strom 1000) was stolen ones and I got it back the same day. The steering lock (and the frame) was broken, ignition smashed, seat bended and some other minor damages. The bike was taken to the work shop imediately and there it was for many many weeks... They didn't manage to fix the frame damage in that time and I never got the bike back...
The only good thing about this is that I got the chance to by a KTM SMt ;)

So, I really hope that someone will be able to help you out with this problem! Maybe it could have been worse...

/M
Thanks magic wand

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk