crazy tire wear on my other bike

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
HDKAWKTM
Supporter
Supporter
City: clemson
Year: 2015

crazy tire wear on my other bike

Post by HDKAWKTM » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 pm

This is a Continental EVO 2 from the front of my Kawasaki Concours 14 with 6k miles on it. I have seen tires cup but nothing like this. Anyone seen anything like this before? I always ran correct tire pressures. The rear wore in middle due to I commute straight line most of the time but it just basically was worn in middle but this front? :?: :shock:

IMG_0553.JPG
Current Stable: 2015 SDR, 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2011 Harley Ultra Limited "Clemson Tigers NCAA Football National Champs" :mrgreen:

Skytower
50cc
50cc
City: norfolk
Year: 2017

Re: crazy tire wear on my other bike

Post by Skytower » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:03 pm

HDKAWKTM wrote:This is a Continental EVO 2 from the front of my Kawasaki Concours 14 with 6k miles on it. I have seen tires cup but nothing like this. Anyone seen anything like this before? I always ran correct tire pressures. The rear wore in middle due to I commute straight line most of the time but it just basically was worn in middle but this front? :?: :shock:

IMG_0553.JPG
I've only seen wear like that on a car with bad shocks...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010
Model: SMT

Re: crazy tire wear on my other bike

Post by Magic Wand » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm quite sure some guys would point at wrong air pressure in the tire.

Normally, tires always get worse at the left side, due to the fact that the road isn't 'flat', but does 'tilt' from left to right (that is from the middle of the road (center line) to the right side). That is during right side traffic, of course :-)
/M