Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Declare your location and hook up with others for KTM ride outs.
WarBaby
Supporter
Supporter
City: Maryville
Year: 2017
Colour: Black

Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Post by WarBaby » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:37 pm

I live 13 - 14 minutes from the 'Tail of the Dragon' at Deals Gap TN/NC and ride it frequently. :mrgreen: For those of you who don't know from personal experience, it is among the best sport bike rides in the world which leads me to wonder, is there any interest in a Superduke meeting there. Early October is a great time to be there in coolish weather. There are other mountain roads closeby that are plenty of fun also. At the south end of the 'Dragon' on Hwy. 129 is the Deals Gap Resort which caters to dragon riders and is the high-action epicenter for bikes and sport cars

http://www.dealsgap.com/

If interested in a meet or for questions, post here.

Thanks,
Tom/TN 8-)
`17 - BST carbon rims, Supercorsa tires, Arrow Ti can/mid-pipe, 16-T, Rotti 80/80 intake w/PCV/SAS/De-Canister/Servo Stopper/Fuel dongles, Lith. battery, R&G Frame/axle sliders, Evotech Tail Tidy/Rad guard/Exhaust hanger, LSL drag bar. -36 pounds.

Dewayne Edwards 1974
250cc
250cc
City: Slocomb
Year: 2016

Re: Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Post by Dewayne Edwards 1974 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm going to be there 1-4 September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarBaby
Supporter
Supporter

Post by WarBaby » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:38 am

Dewayne Edwards 1974 wrote:I'm going to be there 1-4 September

Have a safe, fun trip.
`17 - BST carbon rims, Supercorsa tires, Arrow Ti can/mid-pipe, 16-T, Rotti 80/80 intake w/PCV/SAS/De-Canister/Servo Stopper/Fuel dongles, Lith. battery, R&G Frame/axle sliders, Evotech Tail Tidy/Rad guard/Exhaust hanger, LSL drag bar. -36 pounds.

McDirty
250cc
250cc
City: Louisville
Year: 2014

Post by McDirty » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm currently here. I was here last
Weekend as well. What's one more trip down this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WarBaby
Supporter
Supporter

Post by WarBaby » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:10 pm

McDirty wrote:I'm currently here. I was here last

Great. That's a start. We are now...two. :lol: I hope the weather clears up for you.

McDirty
250cc
250cc

Re: RE: Re: Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Post by McDirty » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 pm

WarBaby wrote:

Great. That's a start. We are now...two. :lol: I hope the weather clears up for you.
It was beautiful last week. I was down Monday Tuesday. We got nice days Saturday and Sunday but just went exploring and avoided the gap due to all the miatas. Took a bunch of guys over to my favorite road. 281 south of Tuskegee.

Question since you're a local. Have you been on TN 32 on the north east corner of the national park. I've tried twice. It's kinda awkward to get to from robbinsville. And we have given up both times for diffent reasons.

WarBaby
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Post by WarBaby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 pm

McDirty wrote:
WarBaby wrote:

It was beautiful last week. I was down Monday Tuesday. We got nice days Saturday and Sunday but just went exploring and avoided the gap due to all the miatas. Took a bunch of guys over to my favorite road. 281 south of Tuskegee.

Question since you're a local. Have you been on TN 32 on the north east corner of the national park. I've tried twice. It's kinda awkward to get to from robbinsville. And we have given up both times for diffent reasons.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Hwy. 32.

McDirty
250cc
250cc

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Deals Gap - Smoky Mountains

Post by McDirty » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:57 am

WarBaby wrote:
McDirty wrote:
WarBaby wrote: Great. That's a start. We are now...two. :lol: I hope the weather clears up for you.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Hwy. 32.
It's south west of Crosby. It was freshly paved 2 years ago. I need you to go recon that for me lolImage

WarBaby
Supporter
Supporter

Post by WarBaby » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:48 am

McDirty wrote:It's south west of Crosby. It was freshly paved 2 years ago. I need you to go recon that for me lol
I got right on that 'Cosby' recon for you... 8-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-m0Q-xWCcE

Dewayne Edwards 1974
250cc
250cc
City: Slocomb
Year: 2016

Post by Dewayne Edwards 1974 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 am

I will be in Area June 16-20 with another buddy on a GT. Meet up if interested