FZ1 Fuze block for accessories

Declare your location and hook up with others for KTM ride outs.
eternal
125cc
125cc
City: Rocky Point
Year: 2016
Colour: Silver

FZ1 Fuze block for accessories

Post by eternal » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:50 pm

I have a 2016 1290 GT in NY, USA. I just bought the FZ1 Fuze Block and wiring kit which comes with posts to add up to 6 switched or unswitched accessories up to 30amps. I have no idea where I'll be putting it yet as I haven't had time to explore and was wondering if any members have already done this - I did a search but didn't find anything about the FZ1 or fuseblocks on this site. Under the driver seat is fully taken up by the battery and its cover - perhaps buying a lithium battery with a lower profile could provide the additional 1.5" necessary for the FZ1, especially since I've heard the stock KTM battery is one of the first things that usually have to be replaced? Then there's the possibility of under the tank although I suspect it will be like under the seat and chock full of filter housing, air filter, etc. Which made me think of swapping out the stock filter for a Rottie design that takes less space and then removing the SAS and charcoal canister (but not sure how that will affect emissions and DMV testing.) There is space under the passenger seat, especially if I remove the charcoal canister but that will mean running long wires from the back of the bike forward which I'd prefer to avoid. The optimal places really would be on top of the battery or under the tank if I can make it happen.

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?