Calling NW RIDERS near SEATTLE, WA...

Declare your location and hook up with others for KTM ride outs.
Lostwiththewind
125cc
125cc
City: Seattle
Year: 2012
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Calling NW RIDERS near SEATTLE, WA...

Post by Lostwiththewind » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:25 am

New SMT 990 rider looking for riding buddies. For this summer/winter I will be on the street or easy dirt as I am rocking the street tires. I picked up this bike in Tennessee June of 2015 and my gf and I rode it back. It was a dream purchase that I intend you utilize to it's fullest capabilities in the near future.

I'd love to find someone close to me to talk KTM's/990 SMT's with and go for some rides or tinker with bikes. My riding buddies live too far away. GF/I camp and journey offroad in moderation with the current tires I'm sportin. I have a white 2012 990 with hard cases, brush guard, engine guards, and the dirt experience attained while growing up. I've been riding on the street for only 9k on an '05 sv650 that I no longer have.

I ride safety oriented, geared up, and am not afraid to lay on the throttle or pull the front end up when I feel the time and place is right. I'm no showoff and my risky young days are becoming history as I'm in my early 30's.

Hit me up if you're in the area and a meet up is possible.

Thanks.

smithers167
500cc
500cc
City: Bellingham

Re: Calling NW RIDERS near SEATTLE, WA...

Post by smithers167 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:58 am

I'm up in Bellingham. My bike is just like yours. I too am 30. I'm not quite comfortable two up on dirt yet. The gf is just learning being a passenger.

You moved to a spot with great riding.

Lostwiththewind
125cc
125cc

Post by Lostwiththewind » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Sweet..
Same bike, same age, new 2up.. Good odds... ;)

Do you have any WA/local routes you run?

My GF prob has 3k miles under her belt so 2ups aren't far apart.

smithers167
500cc
500cc

Post by smithers167 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Highway 20 to Winthrop is a beautiful ride. Highway 2, 410, and you have to look up Stevens canyon rd. It goes through paradise. Really amazing. I do little day trips down into skagit valley to hit up different rds and check places out like LA Connor and anacortes. My loop highway is one to take if you want awesome twisty rds that turns to some dirt then back on twisty roads. Good hiking near there too.

You will have to commit whole days to some of these routes just cause it takes do long to get to some. You are more centrally located than me. If you want to go on a little adventure I also recommend going up to Whistler mt in BC up the sea to sky highway. Very nice road and beautiful.

Thinking about all the places I've been its no wonder I have 17k miles in just over two years.

Lostwiththewind
125cc
125cc

Post by Lostwiththewind » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:54 am

Hwy 20 looks good; definitely more your neck of the woods. Stevens Canyon Rd looks awesome, aside from the recent slide over the hwy this year. Crazy! I know Hwy 2 very well from snowboarding at Stevens Pass. I think 2 to leavenworth and back would be nice. 410 is pretty close to us and serves good for many routes.

I'd love to incorporate 20-30% dirt on a 1-2 day run! Right now I have to throw a chain and sprockets on and stick to mainly street until winter approaches when I'll then be forced to buy some dirt friendly tires. Dirt on the sport tires is ok as long as it's not too rough or rutted out, ya know? :)

We did the Sea to Sky Hwy last year and wow! That is an amazing run on perfect roads with plenty of wide open areas and great views! Down to do that one again! We also hopped a ferry in Seattle a few times to Bremerton and around that county and ran into some amazing places. Nice to mix it up on a boat too!

17k in 2 years... very commendable.. ;) I put 8k on the SV in 8 months last year and the miles seemed to just fly by!

smithers167
500cc
500cc

Post by smithers167 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 pm

I put 4500 miles on in 2 weeks on a trip to Alaska. Did almost 600 miles of dirt on tourance next tires. I've been over to the peninsula once on the bike. It was fun. Went up hurricane ridge.

Where was the slide up there? I did Stevens canyon in mid June. The bottom was being repaved. Other than that the road was great. Same with 410

smithers167
500cc
500cc

Post by smithers167 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Also what kind of tires are you going with?