50cc
50cc
City: Reading
Year: 2008
Model: SMT

New Guy here..

Post by MuddyFunster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi,

Been lurking on the forum a while and thought it time to say hello! Below are my pair of reprobates, the newest edition being the 990 SM - I know, it hasn't got a 'T' after it, but I hope i'm still OK to be here.... :D

The 990 was completely standard .... until last weekend.... when I fitted a set of Leo Vince Evo II's, removed the SAS, re-mapped the ECU and set up the suspension - all from information gained from this forum, so thanks dudes...

ImageDuke&SM by Phil Duley, on Flickr

I live in Reading (Berkshire), so if anyone's up for a Ride out / Coffee / chat, get in contact.

Cheers

Phil

Newjerseyduke
675cc
675cc
City: Riverdale , NJ
Year: 2015

Re: New Guy here..

Post by Newjerseyduke » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Great looking bikes. Welcome. I'm new here also.
2015 SDR 1290

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by jhalfhide » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi Phil,

Not a million miles from myself (East Sussex, not too far from East Grinstead). Closest I tend to get to you is Box Hill unless i'm over your way on a job.

Don't mind a bit of Orange do you :lol:

I'm on the lookout for some exhaust myself and will then proceed the transformation on my own bike. Got the ITG filter sitting on the office desk ready to go.
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)

MuddyFunster
50cc
50cc
City: Reading
Year: 2008
Model: SMT

Post by MuddyFunster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi,
jhalfhide wrote:Hi Phil,

Not a million miles from myself (East Sussex, not too far from East Grinstead). Closest I tend to get to you is Box Hill unless i'm over your way on a job.

I'm on the lookout for some exhaust myself and will then proceed the transformation on my own bike. Got the ITG filter sitting on the office desk ready to go.
Yeah, i got a thing about Orange, the missus asked me to by her a mountain bike, i picked a nice spec Scott for her. The fact is was bright Orange had nothing to do with it.. honest.. I still remember that look on her face of 'really???'

I can recommend the Leo's, I paid £432.00 direct from the manufacturer website (cheaper than the same pipes from E-Bay). Kit came well packaged, together with the manifolds and 'Y' pipe - which turned out to be a godsend as when i stripped it down I found the original had a crack in the weld near a hanging point.

Next on the list - which should of been first TBH - is an Oberon slave, as anyone that has experienced Reading's traffic management (there doesn't appear to be any) will be an expert a riding at walking pace...

Hadn't thought about an airbox / filter .... until now.... (reaches for 'to do' list)

Cheers

Phil

jhalfhide
675cc
675cc
City: East Sussex
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange

Post by jhalfhide » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:40 pm

MuddyFunster wrote:Hi,
jhalfhide wrote:Hi Phil,

Yeah, i got a thing about Orange, the missus asked me to by her a mountain bike, i picked a nice spec Scott for her. The fact is was bright Orange had nothing to do with it.. honest.. I still remember that look on her face of 'really???'

I can recommend the Leo's, I paid £432.00 direct from the manufacturer website (cheaper than the same pipes from E-Bay). Kit came well packaged, together with the manifolds and 'Y' pipe - which turned out to be a godsend as when i stripped it down I found the original had a crack in the weld near a hanging point.

Next on the list - which should of been first TBH - is an Oberon slave, as anyone that has experienced Reading's traffic management (there doesn't appear to be any) will be an expert a riding at walking pace...

Hadn't thought about an airbox / filter .... until now.... (reaches for 'to do' list)

Cheers

Phil
I did the London commute today. Love my Oberon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now: 2013 KTM 990 SMT
Old: 2010 Ducati Faultistrada 1200s (Broke)
Old: 2007 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Old: 2009 KTM 990 SMR (Stolen)
Old: 2008 Ducati 848 (Written off... whilst parked :roll: )
Old: 2007 ZX6R (Written off... elderly driver)
Old: 1996 ZX6R (Sold)