jaroszadam7
125cc
125cc
City: Plainfield
Year: 2017

2017 Superduke R Clutch Maintenance/Issues

Post by jaroszadam7 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 am

Hello Gents-

First post here on the forum... great setup here....
I have a 2017 superduke 1290 R, and have few questions about some maintenance items.... Unless it is an absolute must, I’d like to do the maintenance intervals by myself, but will likely run into sever roadblocks, I’d figure I ask here first...

Q1
I read though the manual and have not found anything maintenance related that refers to the clutch system.
Except for one item... “check/clean the oil nozzle for the clutch lubrication” page 117 of the owners manual. Can anyone shed some light on this point?

Q2
Does anyone know on how/where how often to do maintenance on the clutch system, oil, clean/check nozzle etc?

Q3
I often stumble to find the NEUTRAL position, especially when stoped. Having to shift several times to 1&2 before I get to Neutral. Has anyone run into this problem before? Any remedy’s.

Thank you for any remedies up front...
Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrubrunner
Supporter
Supporter
City: Brisbane
Year: 2015
Colour: Black

Re: 2017 Superduke R Clutch Maintenance/Issues

Post by scrubrunner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:49 am

mate the 990 crew might mock & scorn you posting 1290 in their forum :shock: RUN!! but re your query I belong heart & soul to a lovely black '15 that's never had clutch issues, knowing sfa about the '17 probably wont help you much other than to suggest checking the adjustment if you're having a hard time picking up neutral - mine slots in every time - congrats on stepping up to have at your own maint too aye you'll get to know the thing in no time - good job, good luck & welcome
sdr makes ANY day above ground a good day

arg
500cc
500cc
City: Biggleswade
Year: 2010

Post by arg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:13 am

Finding neutral will get easier, once the bike has a few miles on it. My 2017 is not great at the mo because it is so low mileage. My 2015 which I just sold was fine but that had 15000miles on it.

The clutch was an issue with slipping on the earlier models but they've uprated the springs for this one.

The maintenance your referring to on the nozzle is to be done at oil change time.

jaroszadam7
125cc
125cc
City: Plainfield
Year: 2017

Post by jaroszadam7 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 am

scrubrunner wrote:mate the 990 crew might mock & scorn you posting 1290 in their forum :shock: RUN!! but re your query I belong heart & soul to a lovely black '15 that's never had clutch issues, knowing sfa about the '17 probably wont help you much other than to suggest checking the adjustment if you're having a hard time picking up neutral - mine slots in every time - congrats on stepping up to have at your own maint too aye you'll get to know the thing in no time - good job, good luck & welcome

Ouch.... I already see the 990 coming after me in the mirror.... Image. Sorry gents no disrespect.... just a newbie mistake.... thanks for the answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk